After finishing official work for the day, decided to spend a bit of time working on the Locost site. Found a nice image and tried to upload it, only to find out there was a limit.
It turns out this multisite system sets the default limit at 1500 kb. I increased that to 5000. Let’s see how I fare.
Alright, fine. So I didn’t get back to my grindstone right away.
I was just about to do so and realized it might be good to categorize posts relating to configuration changes, so I created a category `Settings’ and updated the posts to date to reflect the new category. This should make them easier to find in future.
Now I’m REALLY gone!
First, I enabled themes Twenty-sixteen and Twenty-seventeen for network use.
Next, I created a new sub-site at http:// locost.feuerherm.ca where I plan to feature my research and findings (and, I hope, actual eventual progress!) regarding the building of a Locost (replica Lotus Seven) to be registered in Ontario, Canada. I realized while I was configuring that site that I hadn’t set the clock format here, so adjusted it to 24-hour clock.
Then, I added plug-ins Easy Footnote and Tablepress and enabled them for network use as well.
Now I really have to get back to the grindstone of preparing lectures for my class on ancient Egypt!!
First attempt at setting up a multisite WordPress installation:
- Uploaded the GB version of WordPress to the root and performed the usual 5-minute installation.
- Edited the wp-config.php to enable multisite.
- Installed multisite, and
- in light of a warning, created a Wildcard DNS entry.
- Added lines to wp-config.php as instructed.
- Made hidden files visible in CPanel then added lines to .htaccess as instructed.
If you’re interested, I found instructions here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/ultimate-guide-multisite/
Made the following changes to the default configuration:
- Changed the timezone to Toronto and first day of the week to Sunday.
- Disallowed commenting for unregistered users as an anti-spam measure.